The most recent additions include:
- German restaurant on Bubbling Well Road;
- various views of Love Lane and vicinity, including the Italian Consulate and the Country Club;
- a number of stills from a 1961 propaganda movie filmed in the old town;
- some Vladislav Mikosha's color photos;
- a rare image of a Taoist temple near the Racecourse, now turned into a lawn;
- the maestro Harrison Forman near a market north of Suzhou Creek, with the Bankers' Guildhall behind him;
- identified another shot of the Central Arcade, in 1973, and another one, of DD's Cafe;
- been gnawing at the Werner von Boltenstern's collection of rare (and difficult to identify) streets and corners; here are a couple more images taken near Beihai Road;
- more disappeared blocks on Yan'an Road. Can't believe it was necessary to tear down such substantial and tall buildings!
- another successful detection: a stretch of Tibet Road, near Jiujiang Road;
- the corner entrance to the Boissezon Apartments; why did the beautiful garage have to go?
- Tuberculosis Clinic that used to be on Huashan Road; the site is gone but it is now Huashan Hospital territory;
- cute Mark's Apartments on Bubbling Well Road; never noticed that one;
- beautiful hi-res panorama of the Bund around 1923;
- some rare old photos of Pure Heart Church, Lowrie Institute and Mary Farnham Girls' School;
- Majestic Apartments on Bubbling Well Road in various stages of construction;
- and many more.
Link to the map
You can switch between the base maps and use the street grid, Google Scheme, Google Satellite or Yandex Satellite (which is often sharper than Google).
To only see drawings, and not photographs, choose the icon with the landscape, to the right of the photocamera: