Image: Seaports of the Far East (1923).
Owned by C. Eddie and managed by Ernest Engley, the cafe claimed to be "the only real night club in China" and "the only high-class cafe in Shanghai." It was sold to J. H. Browning in 1930 and renamed Browning's Cafe.
Ad from 1927.
Ad from 1929.
Street landscape in the 1930s. Eddie's/Browning's Cafe would be to the right of the Broadway Reed Shop. Today, the housing on the left side of the street no longer exists. Image: sy-随意.