Visitors streaming to Hai-Alai Auditorium on Avenue du Roi Albert 陕西南路. Image: Le journal de Shanghai.
The latest 100 additions include:
- various views of the General Hospital 公济医院;
- various views of the Canidrome 逸园 during the 1945 Rickshaw Derby;
- a bunch of exploitative looking shots during the Rickshaw Derby;
- more images of the War Memorial (Victory Angel), as I was researching it for a chapter I am writing; along the way, a fascinating news story came up!
- various angles of the Union Church 联合会教堂 in different eras;
- a bunch of engravings made from photographs, from a French boo, including a rare image of the Mausolèe;
- Edan Gardens, in the west French Concession;
- some highly stylized drawings from a 1980s Shanghai city guide;
- some beautiful adverts for the Luna Park;
- some street views from ads in the 1989 Commercial Atlas.
- and many more.
Secondly, the number of mapped drawings has gove well over a hundred.
Thirdly, after six years of mapping old Shanghai alone, I seem to have company. Welcome, Fin_de_Siecle! Follow his Wechat for some high-quality illustrated content:
Link to the map
You can use various base maps: Mapink street map, Google Scheme, Google Satellite or Yandex Satellite (sometimes sharper than Google).
To switch between architectural drawings and photographs, select the icon with the landscape or the photocamera. To open each image in a new window click the icon with the arrow to the right of the landscape icon: