Students playing volleyball on the roof of the YMCA building on Jiangxi Road 江西中路; the water tower is visible on the right. Image: University of Minnesota.
The latest 100 additions include:
- various views of the Bankers Guildhall 沪北钱业会馆, which no longer exists;
- multiple views of the arcades on Jinling Road / Rue du Consulat / 金陵东路;
- several views around Henan Road Bridge 河南路桥;
- a beautiful stretch of Rue Kraetzer 金陵中路, now extinct (identified it with the gracious help of 随意-sy);
- a few more obscure views of Beihai Road 北海路 from Werner von Boltenstern's collection;
- several gramophone stores on Fuzhou Road 福州路;
- several barricaded entry points into the French Concession (still working on mapping the rest of them);
- more interior and exterior views of the Great World 大世界...
- ...and its forgotten neighbor, the Golden Theatre 黄金大戏院, which used to stand across the road;
- the now extinct Rue de la Mission 永胜路, of which I wrote here;
- a few photos and drawings of the Franco-Chinese School from various eras;
- and many more.
Link to the map
You can use various base maps: Mapink street map, Google Scheme, Google Satellite or Yandex Satellite (sometimes sharper than Google).
To switch between architectural drawings and photographs, select the icon with the landscape or the photocamera. To open each image in a new window click the icon with the arrow to the right of the landscape icon: